What we do – Mission
India BioChar and BioResources Network is a collaborative platform committed to circular agriculture economy as a deep decarbonisation pathway that significantly reduces Greenhouse gas emissions, increase carbon sequestration, and improve farm-related livelihoods in India.
IBBN will achieve these goals through:
- Forging meaningful collaborations between science, farming communities, industry, government, and non-governmental organizations for the promotion of sustainable Biochar and Bioresource management.
- Exploration of the scientific, technological, environmental, economic and social aspects of mitigation of climate change in the agricultural sector.
- Accessible knowledge systems and demonstration models on ecological repurposing of biomass, sustainable crop and natural resource management, and soil carbon management.
- Innovation across the value chain of Biochar and Bioresources.
- White papers and policy briefs to strengthen circular agricultural models and remunerative agricultural livelihoods in India.
- Membership, consultancy and strategic collaborations with funding communities for the sustenance of the network.
Sustainable management of farm residues, soil carbon management in croplands and biochar can contribute 1.8-4.1 GtCO2-eq yr-1 reduction, or up to 50% of the Carbon emissions each year. – IPCC 2022